A wireless –or over-the-air (OTA)– update makes your toothbrush more intelligent, brings improvements to it and fixes bugs. During this update the LED should be blinking green.
You might be unable to update your toothbrush OTA for these reasons:
- downloading the update take too much time,
- the update doesn’t complete,
- unable to establish connection to internet,
- lost connection with your device.
If you are installing the update, the progress bar might be moving slowly or seems like it isn’t moving. When you’re updating OTA, keep your device and product connected to a power source so that it won't run out of power during this process and be patient, the update can take a few minutes.
If you think the update never completes and/or the progress bar hasn’t moved for an extended time and/or if your toothbrush LED lights up in a bright green color, it is possible that the update failed.
To solve this issue, try the following steps:
- turn off your toothbrush: press the power button until the LED goes off,
- if available, save your data (Settings, Account, Save your data),
- for iOS, uninstall the Kolibree App, then reinstall it from the App Store,
- for Android, quit the Kolibree App, then clear the cache,
- relaunch the Kolibree App and connect to your account,
- press the power button of the toothbrush until the LED lights up,
- in the toothbrush settings of the Kolibree App, add your toothbrush again, selecting “I don’t have a charger”.
On your dashboard, a notification badge should appear on the toothbrush icon. Click on it and select “Update now”. The OTA update should start again.
If the firmware update failed, please click on the following links :